Preparation time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
A brightly coloured, tasty addition to any meal, our Sunny Spinach Salad packs a lot of powerful anti-oxidants as well as plenty of Vitamin C. We think it’s the perfect accompaniment to our fennel & squash lasagne (recipe to follow!)
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 2 large oranges
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- milled flax seeds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Remove tough stalks from the spinach leaves and tear any large leaves into smaller pieces.
- Top’n’ tail the oranges and remove the peel. Use a sharp knife to carefully slice between the membranes to cleanly remove each segment of flesh. Retain any juices for use in the dressing later.
- Mix the salad leaves with the orange segments and arrange in a serving dish.
- Finely chop the onion and the pepper and scatter over the salad.
- To make the dressing, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, and any orange juice in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving. Toss the salad well to coat the leaves with the dressing. Finally, sprinkle with flax seeds for some extra healthy omegas!